See it Do it Sunderland is delivered by the City Council and its partners, to communicate the city’s vibrant visitor experience and events programme in language that is family focused, unexpected and credible.
We think Sunderland is great.
We think Sunderland has lots of positive attributes, from its coastline and outdoor spaces, to its heritage and warm, welcoming people; with their can-do attitude and dry sense of humour.
We want Sunderland people to feel proud of their city...
... and we want more people to visit, work and study here. To do that we need more people to know what we know. The starting point for this is to change outdated ideas of what Sunderland is, what it looks like, what it stands for and what its future holds. We cant do that on our own, that’s why we need your help. If we all say the same thing loud enough, people will listen...
What we want See it Do it Sunderland to achieve:
- For Sunderland to have its own identity, that is unexpected yet believable
- For residents and increasing numbers of visitors to be enticed by the vibrant, family-friendly attractions and events, then be warmly welcomed and surprised when they are here
- For Sunderland’s businesses and attractions to benefit from visitor spend, encouraging more investment
- For Sunderland residents to feel proud of their city and positive about its future
- For partners and residents to be advocates for Sunderland – knowledgeable and enthusiastic about its assets and plans for the future
How See it Do it Sunderland will do this:
- By making more of Sunderland’s assets; from its beautiful coastline, beaches and green spaces to its cultural attractions, investment plans and heritage
- By focusing on what is real and achievable
- By increasing the number of fun activities and events that particularly families can take part in and enjoy together, then marketing these more widely
- By celebrating and sharing Sunderland’s history and stories
- By doing what we say we will, as a city